Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a person) silly or foolish.‘a dreadfully clumsy and airheaded girl’
stupid, unintelligent, idiotic, foolish, silly, brainless, half-witted, witless, vacuous, vapid, hare-brained, feather-brained, birdbrained, pea-brained, scatterbrained, scatty, giddy, skittish, flighty, frivolous, thoughtlessView synonyms
- ‘Her roommate is a slightly airheaded debutante named Glinda.’
- ‘Witherspoon is the wealthy, apparently airheaded, Elle Woods, who follows her embarrassed boyfriend to Harvard Law in order to prove that blondes have brains, too.’
- ‘In what must be every 40-something guy's fantasy, he shacks up with an airheaded aerobic instructor who is happy to watch mindless films with him.’
- ‘Her performance here did nothing to change my impression of her as an airheaded floozy.’
- ‘The film's romantic complications are restrained - they neither stretch the viewer's credulity nor make the characters seem airheaded, vindictive, or blind.’
- ‘She has to be the most spoiled, self-absorbed, and airheaded person I have ever seen.’
- ‘You're the only person who doesn't treat me like a stupid airheaded jock.’
- ‘The plot concerns Texas Ranger Tommy Lee, who must go undercover as a cheerleading coach in order to protect five airheaded nymphets who have witnessed a murder.’
- ‘Cheerleaders are not all airheaded and incredibly concerned about the material world.’
- ‘I am a firm believer that pop music has one use - to keep all the airheaded teenyboppers out of the underground scene.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.