One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person) silly or foolish.‘an idiotic video filled with airheaded celebrities’
stupid, unintelligent, idiotic, foolish, silly, brainless, half-witted, witless, vacuous, vapid, hare-brained, feather-brained, birdbrained, pea-brained, scatterbrained, scatty, giddy, skittish, flighty, frivolous, thoughtlessView synonyms
- ‘Witherspoon is the wealthy, apparently airheaded, Elle Woods, who follows her embarrassed boyfriend to Harvard Law in order to prove that blondes have brains, too.’
- ‘She has to be the most spoiled, self-absorbed, and airheaded person I have ever seen.’
- ‘Her roommate is a slightly airheaded debutante named Glinda.’
- ‘In what must be every 40-something guy's fantasy, he shacks up with an airheaded aerobic instructor who is happy to watch mindless films with him.’
- ‘Cheerleaders are not all airheaded and incredibly concerned about the material world.’
- ‘Her performance here did nothing to change my impression of her as an airheaded floozy.’
- ‘I am a firm believer that pop music has one use - to keep all the airheaded teenyboppers out of the underground scene.’
- ‘You're the only person who doesn't treat me like a stupid airheaded jock.’
- ‘The plot concerns Texas Ranger Tommy Lee, who must go undercover as a cheerleading coach in order to protect five airheaded nymphets who have witnessed a murder.’
- ‘The film's romantic complications are restrained - they neither stretch the viewer's credulity nor make the characters seem airheaded, vindictive, or blind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.