One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman who holds the lowest rank in the RAF, below leading aircraftwoman.
- ‘Taken on as an Aircraftwoman Motor Transport Driver, she received a training course to upgrade her driving skills.’
- ‘At the end of the flight mechanics' course, aircraftwomen are qualified in the maintenance of aircraft and are able to perform minor routine inspections and simple repairs by replacement.’
- ‘She has had 18 different jobs since joining the RAF as an aircraftwoman, aged 17.’
- ‘Eventually I and my fellow 'rookies' passed the course and became Aircraftwomen 1st class.’
- ‘I find she wasn't in the Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force at all; she was a fully fledged aircraftwoman in the RAAF.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.