One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman who holds the lowest rank in the RAF, below leading aircraftwoman.
- ‘At the end of the flight mechanics' course, aircraftwomen are qualified in the maintenance of aircraft and are able to perform minor routine inspections and simple repairs by replacement.’
- ‘Taken on as an Aircraftwoman Motor Transport Driver, she received a training course to upgrade her driving skills.’
- ‘Eventually I and my fellow 'rookies' passed the course and became Aircraftwomen 1st class.’
- ‘I find she wasn't in the Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force at all; she was a fully fledged aircraftwoman in the RAAF.’
- ‘She has had 18 different jobs since joining the RAF as an aircraftwoman, aged 17.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.