One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aeroplane, helicopter, or other machine capable of flight.
- ‘People wanting to catch a glimpse of the aircraft were also asked not to park at the airport.’
- ‘He pushed the throttle all the way open and turned the aircraft in the direction of the smoke.’
- ‘He had to be certain that the aircraft was airworthy before setting off over the jungles of Burma.’
- ‘Launched with this jumbo team aboard for a test flight, the aircraft failed to gain height.’
- ‘There is never a shortage of things to do as we work on almost all areas of the aircraft.’
- ‘It is thought the seat of the fire was in the landing gear under the aircraft's main fuselage.’
- ‘The nose of the aircraft went under the wing of the aircraft on the adjacent stand.’
- ‘New Zealand has issued warnings to ships and aircraft likely to be in the area.’
- ‘Crowds regularly flocked to the base to see the aircraft take off on one of its many test flights.’
- ‘He was taken off the aircraft by Malta police after it had safely taxied to a stand at the airport.’
- ‘The pilot had bought the aircraft in kit form and spent five months constructing it.’
- ‘Only the security levy and landing fees for smaller aircraft at peak times have increased.’
- ‘To do that you'll need to take a short scheduled flight on a light aircraft from Provo.’
- ‘The purpose of going to the airfield can only have been to fly in the aircraft.’
- ‘He had jumped out of a light aircraft while unwittingly wearing a sabotaged parachute.’
- ‘He said it would be up to the Air Force how the aircraft was used with its new colours.’
- ‘We also had to shout a lot because of the Heathrow aircraft constantly flying overhead.’
- ‘A sudden decrease in head wind or increase in tail wind can cause an aircraft to stall.’
- ‘An aircraft would only have to head for the nearest flying or gliding club of which there are six in this area.’
- ‘The light aircraft is capable of carrying four people but yesterday had only two on board.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.