One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An inflatable mattress.
- ‘It's like inflating an air bed when you go camping.’
- ‘Many air bed pumps are not that well made and have a tendency to fail at the worst times.’
- ‘Our six days camping at the Galmpton Touring Park cost us the princely sum of £48 for the tent, air beds and sleeping bag included, £57 for the pitch.’
- ‘Easy to use handheld controls and a state of the art ultra-quiet air inflation system allow each sleeper to quickly adjust the firmness of their side of the air bed to the perfect comfort level, with just the touch of a button.’
- ‘Sometime between now and Tuesday we need to go over to the camping store in Carmarthen or perhaps in Swansea to buy either air beds or roll-up foam mattresses for our nomad night in Lincolnshire.’
- ‘Although you could bring your own bedding, you can rent everything from bedside tables to air beds to sleeping bags, although they advise prebooking the extras.’
- ‘A large number of relief supplies donated by the public for earthquake victims were discovered there, including television sets, heaters, gas ovens, refrigerators, quilts and air beds.’
- ‘So then I thought about the air bed that my mom bought once.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.