One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A base for the operation of military aircraft.
- ‘There is a military airbase nearby, so perhaps it is a secret aircraft.’
- ‘All these means of training can be put at the disposal of our customers, on-site or at any location the customer stipulates, including their overseas home airbases.’
- ‘In Pisa, over 400 police were assembled to accompany a convoy from the railway station to the military airbase.’
- ‘Generally, airbases were sited out of harm's way.’
- ‘They said they were in touch with technical support at a military airbase in Lakenheath, in Norfolk in Britain.’
- ‘Along these lines, senior Air Force leaders have acknowledged the importance of airbases to projecting airpower anywhere on the globe.’
- ‘So we are now looking for an airbase to base ourselves long term.’
- ‘The plane, whose origin has not been established, has been moved to a military airbase.’
- ‘The dedication coincided with the 60th anniversary of the formation of the two French squadrons, who made RAF Elvington unique among the airbases of Bomber Command.’
- ‘It has been noted that the airbase at Cheddington was attacked by German aircraft during the time of the squadron move.’
- ‘Military operations at the airbase also need to be kept separate from commercial use.’
- ‘While this effort was a success, the event awakened the Air Force to the challenge of opening airbases in remote locations and drove the creation of airborne engineer units in the Air Force.’
- ‘The new game finds our furtive hero having to infiltrate a diverse assortment of sites such as military airbases, harbors and secret government installations.’
- ‘Large anti-war demonstrations have been held in many cities, as well as protests at the military outposts, listening stations and airbases that litter the continent.’
- ‘Because they need the airbase and military base that he allows them to have there in return for turning a blind eye to his atrocities.’
- ‘Topics covered would include everything from base-level planning to commanding the airbase in an emergency.’
- ‘Current doctrine falls short of identifying how best to employ Air Force capability to open airbases.’
- ‘The force module construct for opening airbases is designed around five phases, which fall under Air Force purview, as identified in the list below.’
- ‘Additionally, this discussion serves as a baseline for better understanding the challenges with opening airbases.’
- ‘He was taken into military custody on the airbase and questioned by Japanese police last weekend.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.