One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A high rank of officer in the RAF, above air commodore and below air marshal.
- ‘The ranks of air vice-marshal (rear admiral or major general), air marshal (vice admiral or lieutenant general), and air chief marshal (admiral or general) were introduced.’
- ‘By 1938 he was an air vice-marshal commanding No. 12 Fighter Group which, during the battle of Britain, defended the Midlands.’
- ‘For those not really inclined to wear the stripes of an air vice-marshal, the computer does a pretty reasonable job of controlling the higher-level activities and allows the player to strap in to fly and fight.’
- ‘He was promoted to air vice-marshal in 2000 as Head Strategic Command.’
- ‘GRS contribution increases range from about an extra $7 per week for a corporal and below up to $21 per week for an air vice-marshal.’
- ‘He tried to say that the air vice-marshal sitting over there in the Stout Street defence headquarters is giving those personnel their orders day by day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.