One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An opening that allows air to pass out of or into a confined space.‘smoke was spotted billowing from an air vent’
- ‘She began to climb up towards an air vent.’
- ‘The metal grill covering the air vent fell aside with a clang.’
- ‘A bronze air vent emerges from the wall, looking strangely out of place.’
- ‘My wife called and I don't think she believed me when I said I was lying on the floor trying to get a bird out of an air vent.’
- ‘Keep car windows closed and consider buying a pollen filter for the air vents in your car.’
- ‘Make sure rooms are ventilated and don't block up air vents.’
- ‘Normally, the air vents are located over the doors.’
- ‘The smell was also coming out of the air vent!’
- ‘The smell of earth and grit drifted through the air vents.’
- ‘The fryer also has air vents on each side of its base.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.