One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or process of making a journey by aircraft.‘transatlantic air travel’‘air travel can be stressful and exhausting’
- ‘With global air travel growing at about 5% annually, aviation remains a strong market for the oil industry.’
- ‘With up to 28 seats and room for cargo, it made commercial air travel practical.’
- ‘He has money to indulge his favourite hedonistic pursuits which include first-class air travel, champagne and the culinary delights of the world's best restaurants.’
- ‘Many people are persuaded to travel to different places because of the availability of cheap air travel.’
- ‘The most important thing to remember about air travel is to never lose your cool.’
- ‘Airline stocks plummeted, some to half their value, while transatlantic air travel came almost to a standstill.’
- ‘More efficient aircraft have allowed new markets for air travel to develop.’
- ‘Try to avoid air travel during a cold, allergy attack or bout of sinusitis.’
- ‘That sense of vulnerability has prompted many businesses to cut back on air travel.’
- ‘Given the increasing popularity of low-cost air travel, environmental groups have been savvy in their campaigning approach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.