One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or process of making a journey by aircraft.‘transatlantic air travel’‘air travel can be stressful and exhausting’
- ‘With up to 28 seats and room for cargo, it made commercial air travel practical.’
- ‘Many people are persuaded to travel to different places because of the availability of cheap air travel.’
- ‘That sense of vulnerability has prompted many businesses to cut back on air travel.’
- ‘More efficient aircraft have allowed new markets for air travel to develop.’
- ‘Try to avoid air travel during a cold, allergy attack or bout of sinusitis.’
- ‘Airline stocks plummeted, some to half their value, while transatlantic air travel came almost to a standstill.’
- ‘He has money to indulge his favourite hedonistic pursuits which include first-class air travel, champagne and the culinary delights of the world's best restaurants.’
- ‘With global air travel growing at about 5% annually, aviation remains a strong market for the oil industry.’
- ‘Given the increasing popularity of low-cost air travel, environmental groups have been savvy in their campaigning approach.’
- ‘The most important thing to remember about air travel is to never lose your cool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.