One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The rank attained by air officers.
- ‘An officer of air rank is an air commodore, air vice marshal, air marshal, air chief marshal, or marshal of the RAAF - equivalent of a general officer in the army or flag officer in the navy.’
- ‘Many of the junior officers deployed were later promoted to air rank.’
- ‘In a world dominated by men, she was the first woman doctor to reach air rank in the Royal Air Force when she was promoted to air commodore in 1972.’
- ‘This directorate will undertake personnel management of group captains and some administration for air rank officers.’
- ‘An officer who was a young pilot under Digby's command at this time, and retired a few years ago holding air rank and a decoration for distinguished service, has his own recollections of this period.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.