One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The rank attained by air officers.
- ‘An officer of air rank is an air commodore, air vice marshal, air marshal, air chief marshal, or marshal of the RAAF - equivalent of a general officer in the army or flag officer in the navy.’
- ‘An officer who was a young pilot under Digby's command at this time, and retired a few years ago holding air rank and a decoration for distinguished service, has his own recollections of this period.’
- ‘This directorate will undertake personnel management of group captains and some administration for air rank officers.’
- ‘Many of the junior officers deployed were later promoted to air rank.’
- ‘In a world dominated by men, she was the first woman doctor to reach air rank in the Royal Air Force when she was promoted to air commodore in 1972.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.