Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The degree to which the air in a particular place is pollution-free.
- ‘The nearby air quality monitoring station at last has something to measure.’
- ‘Crucially, she noted that the virus does not survive in an aircraft environment, due to the poor air quality.’
- ‘Both air quality and meteorological data are hourly whereas traffic data are daily.’
- ‘Indoor air quality can have a huge effect on how severe asthma symptoms are for many asthmatics.’
- ‘The new norms are expected to improve the ambient air quality in the country, particularly in urban areas.’
- ‘It would only mask the poor air quality for a short time in a small area.’
- ‘The air quality alone must kill thousands every year and so far, only a fraction of the population owns cars.’
- ‘The archaeologists have also obtained computer data on the air quality and soil composition of the tomb.’
- ‘The district heating companies will be able to reduce energy and water losses and improve the air quality in Pernik.’
- ‘Concerning air quality, we continue to maintain a national network to gauge airborne pollution.’
- ‘It was a warm and humid day there, but I was really struck by the air quality.’
- ‘All metros and local municipalities are required to have an air quality management plan.’
- ‘The air quality in the house improved slightly when I quit smoking.’
- ‘Poor air quality causes severe health problems, as was noted by the previous questioner.’
- ‘The air quality was horrible until most of the debris was moved.’
- ‘Industries, households and forest fires contributed to the poor air quality in major cities.’
- ‘The rink's management has taken the decision to stop all smoking at the venue and improve the air quality to attract more families.’
- ‘Seoul was recently found to have the worst air quality of any OECD city.’
- ‘The purpose of the benefit was to raise money for an independent study of the air quality surrounding the local pulp mill.’
- ‘Industrial, domestic, and natural pollutants contribute to poor air quality.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.