One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instance of two or more aircraft in flight on different routes being less than a prescribed safe distance apart.
- ‘There is no doubt that the pilots both saw an object and that it was of sufficient significance to prompt an air miss report.’
- ‘The incident was classified as an "air miss" and will be recorded in the Mandatory Occurrence Reports (MORs).’
- ‘An air miss involving two planes flying out of Liverpool John Lennon airport is under investigation.’
- ‘The officers involved in the air miss incidents shall not be rostered till the completion of the investigation.’
- ‘The agency added that about 40 possible air misses were reported every year in Britain, and most were later found to have posed no risk to passengers.’
- ‘The problem of air misses, delays and capacity constraints should be subjected to studies.’
- ‘The resources normally available when investigating air misses are pilots’ reports, corroborated by radar and recordings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.