One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instance of two or more aircraft in flight on different routes being less than a prescribed safe distance apart.
- ‘The agency added that about 40 possible air misses were reported every year in Britain, and most were later found to have posed no risk to passengers.’
- ‘There is no doubt that the pilots both saw an object and that it was of sufficient significance to prompt an air miss report.’
- ‘The resources normally available when investigating air misses are pilots’ reports, corroborated by radar and recordings.’
- ‘An air miss involving two planes flying out of Liverpool John Lennon airport is under investigation.’
- ‘The officers involved in the air miss incidents shall not be rostered till the completion of the investigation.’
- ‘The incident was classified as an "air miss" and will be recorded in the Mandatory Occurrence Reports (MORs).’
- ‘The problem of air misses, delays and capacity constraints should be subjected to studies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.