One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of layering in which the branch is potted or wrapped in a moist growing medium to promote root growth.
- ‘This tree can be propagated by air layering or stem cutting.’
- ‘The Javanese propagate the trees vegetatively by ‘air layering’, a technique which involves making a parcel of soil around a branch so that it strikes root and can be cut off and planted.’
- ‘Propagation can be done by air layering but patience is required as it may take a while before layered segments root and can be removed from the parent plant.’
- ‘He tried cuttings and air layering, with no success, and finally tried grafting it onto a related species from the Big Island.’
- ‘The Air Layering system, which is known to be a very successful method, traditionally, has been used only on plants that are difficult to propagate by seeds or cuttings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.