One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A path or course regularly used by aircraft.
- ‘In these cases, the consequential use of lesser-used air lanes would help reduce congestion at major centres.’
- ‘She gave him a level gaze, which drew his attention away from the air lane briefly.’
- ‘Does he believe the decision by the corporation to shut down the primary radar will compromise the safety of air lanes; if not, why not?’
- ‘This first mid air collision forced authorities to devise the air lane system in which airlines are allotted strict routes, times and schedules to avoid such tragedies.’
- ‘Well, the reason for it was we had a highway in there and the air lane into Berlin was in the eastern Germany, which was under Russian control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.