One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game in which players attempt to knock a plastic disc into their opponent's goal across a specially designed table that produces a cushion of air to reduce friction.‘we played several games of air hockey’as modifier ‘you curled up on the couch next to the air hockey table’
- ‘"I challenge you to an air hockey match," I said, narrowing my eyes.’
- ‘The rest of the group headed off to the games room to play some pool and air hockey.’
- ‘Designated residence halls have specialty equipment such as pianos, pool tables, foosball, and air hockey.’
- ‘There are photos of her playing air hockey with him.’
- ‘My reign of glory on the air hockey table is brought to an abrupt end.’
- ‘We have air hockey contests, and run wild on all of the arcade games.’
- ‘For the next thirty minutes, we battled for the title of Air Hockey Champion.’
- ‘Youth leaders are hoping to get more equipment including an air hockey table.’
- ‘Next to the window, I put an air hockey game.’
- ‘They finished their air hockey game pretty quickly, I wonder who won?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.