One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game in which players attempt to knock a plastic disc into their opponent's goal across a specially designed table that produces a cushion of air to reduce friction.‘we played several games of air hockey’as modifier ‘you curled up on the couch next to the air hockey table’
- ‘Next to the window, I put an air hockey game.’
- ‘Youth leaders are hoping to get more equipment including an air hockey table.’
- ‘We have air hockey contests, and run wild on all of the arcade games.’
- ‘The rest of the group headed off to the games room to play some pool and air hockey.’
- ‘They finished their air hockey game pretty quickly, I wonder who won?’
- ‘There are photos of her playing air hockey with him.’
- ‘For the next thirty minutes, we battled for the title of Air Hockey Champion.’
- ‘"I challenge you to an air hockey match," I said, narrowing my eyes.’
- ‘My reign of glory on the air hockey table is brought to an abrupt end.’
- ‘Designated residence halls have specialty equipment such as pianos, pool tables, foosball, and air hockey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.