Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rank of officer in the RAF, above group captain and below air vice-marshal.
- ‘The court martial will be heard at a military base by a senior judge and a board of at least five high-ranking officers, with an air commodore as president.’
- ‘However, it came to the attention of public service heads and politicians and his pending promotion to air commodore was held back for about four years.’
- ‘A retired RAF air commodore with a long record of service,’
- ‘The commander was a US Army major general with a British Royal Air Force air commodore as deputy.’
- ‘For the next year, the air commodore from Pateley Bridge, near Ripon, who still flies as a volunteer from RAF Church Fenton, will represent the Queen in law and order matters in North Yorkshire.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.