One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rank of officer in the RAF, above group captain and below air vice-marshal.
- ‘A retired RAF air commodore with a long record of service,’
- ‘However, it came to the attention of public service heads and politicians and his pending promotion to air commodore was held back for about four years.’
- ‘The commander was a US Army major general with a British Royal Air Force air commodore as deputy.’
- ‘The court martial will be heard at a military base by a senior judge and a board of at least five high-ranking officers, with an air commodore as president.’
- ‘For the next year, the air commodore from Pateley Bridge, near Ripon, who still flies as a volunteer from RAF Church Fenton, will represent the Queen in law and order matters in North Yorkshire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.