One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rank of officer in the RAF, above group captain and below air vice-marshal.
- ‘The court martial will be heard at a military base by a senior judge and a board of at least five high-ranking officers, with an air commodore as president.’
- ‘For the next year, the air commodore from Pateley Bridge, near Ripon, who still flies as a volunteer from RAF Church Fenton, will represent the Queen in law and order matters in North Yorkshire.’
- ‘The commander was a US Army major general with a British Royal Air Force air commodore as deputy.’
- ‘However, it came to the attention of public service heads and politicians and his pending promotion to air commodore was held back for about four years.’
- ‘A retired RAF air commodore with a long record of service,’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.