One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A specially equipped aircraft, typically a helicopter, used to transport sick or injured people to hospital in an emergency.‘the air ambulance took three minutes to transfer him to Leeds General Infirmary’
- ‘Using their own money, they built and flew the world's first air ambulance at Fort Barrancas, Florida, in 1910.’
- ‘A phone vote by viewers resulted in Ian Nicholls of the County Air Ambulance becoming the West Midlands NHS Hero.’
- ‘Both London Ambulance Service and the air ambulance attended, and the man was pronounced dead at the scene.’
- ‘In the early '80s Dr. Banks began pushing for a dedicated air ambulance.’
- ‘This success led to an order directing all military airfields to have an air ambulance.’
- ‘In 1997 there was a change of government and they invited me to stay here permanently to fly air ambulances for them.’
- ‘Mrs O'Leary was transferred by air ambulance from Cork Airport to London last Saturday evening.’
- ‘An air ambulance was also called in to the school from London.’
- ‘Users can choose to have air ambulances pick up patients at ambulance exchange points.’
- ‘There was no specialized air ambulance servicing northern Manitoba.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.