Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Travel to a destination by air at short notice.‘he had air-dashed to Chennai from Bikaner last night’
go by air, travel by air, go by plane, travel by plane, jetView synonyms
- ‘Every time one jumps (with or without an air dash), he has to wait a few seconds before he can move again.’
- ‘He had air dashed to Chennai from Bikaner, on a chartered aircraft last night, to provide the finishing touches.’
- ‘Armed force personnel were air dashed to Andaman Nicobar for relief operations.’
- ‘The high tension drama has been accentuated by the minister air dashing to Delhi with the resignation letters.’
- ‘They come by air and air-dash to the Amarnath cave in helicopters.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.