One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without purpose or direction.‘we wandered aimlessly round Venice’
- ‘Brad was floating aimlessly along a dark river.’
- ‘Their support play was so weak that players kicked the ball aimlessly into space, hoping for a green and red jersey to pick it up.’
- ‘He seemed to have vanished, and the girl wandered aimlessly down the stairs, feeling lost.’
- ‘The guards looked rather bored as they sifted aimlessly through the straw at the edges of the cart.’
- ‘He spends his time hanging around aimlessly, much to the dismay of his parents.’
- ‘Nothing is more amateurish than to browse aimlessly all over the bookstore.’
- ‘We drove into the city and cruised around aimlessly for an hour or so.’
- ‘He turned a TV into an aquarium in which tropical fish drift about aimlessly.’
- ‘Tom left him wandering aimlessly alone in the fields.’
- ‘They wander aimlessly inside the mall, unaware of each other, resembling the crowds of shoppers we see any day at the mall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.