One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without purpose or direction.‘we wandered aimlessly round Venice’
- ‘He spends his time hanging around aimlessly, much to the dismay of his parents.’
- ‘We drove into the city and cruised around aimlessly for an hour or so.’
- ‘They wander aimlessly inside the mall, unaware of each other, resembling the crowds of shoppers we see any day at the mall.’
- ‘Nothing is more amateurish than to browse aimlessly all over the bookstore.’
- ‘Brad was floating aimlessly along a dark river.’
- ‘He turned a TV into an aquarium in which tropical fish drift about aimlessly.’
- ‘Tom left him wandering aimlessly alone in the fields.’
- ‘The guards looked rather bored as they sifted aimlessly through the straw at the edges of the cart.’
- ‘Their support play was so weak that players kicked the ball aimlessly into space, hoping for a green and red jersey to pick it up.’
- ‘He seemed to have vanished, and the girl wandered aimlessly down the stairs, feeling lost.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.