One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extreme or irrational fear of cats.
- ‘Cats have been endowed with a magical ability to detect the overweening ambitions of dictators, many of whom have consequently been accused of ailurophobia on the flimsiest evidence.’
- ‘I've heard that Julius Caesar had Ailurophobia, the fear of cats.’
- ‘Like all fears and phobias, ailurophobia is created by the unconscious mind as a protective mechanism.’
- ‘Ailurophobia can severely disrupt normal life, interfering with school, work, or social relationships.’
- ‘I have never heard of ailurophobia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.