One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A material consisting of a mesh of small holes, used in cross-stitch embroidery.
- ‘Types of fabric which work well for huck weaving are evenly woven and raised threads, such as monk's cloth, aida, or huck cloth/toweling.’
- ‘For a complete stitch, bring the needle up through the fabric, at the bottom left of the stitch, cross one block of the aida fabric and insert the needle at the top right.’
- ‘For example 8 count aida cloth has 8 cross stitches per inch while 16 count has 16 cross stitches per inch.’
- ‘I have some aida cloth that is so stiff it's hard to work with. How can I soften it?’
- ‘They include needles, thread - called floss - and the cloth pattern - called an aida.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.