Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small silvery fish occurring only in the shallow waters around the Hawaiian islands, where it is a food fish.
- ‘Ryan Okino was fishing on the Puna Coast of the Big Island when he caught his state record aholehole.’
- ‘Rainclouds, rain, lush ferns, aholehole fish and certain types of seaweed revealed the god Lono.’
- ‘The fresh catch of the day is forever popular with visitors, especially the aholehole, or Hawaiian flagtail, a reef fish raised in island ponds.’
- ‘This pond is one to three feet deep and is used to grow aholehole and mullet.’
- ‘But currently at Hanauma Bay, the silvery aholehole swarm in the shallows all day, darting around human legs to catch free food.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.