Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Many aspects of plant biology are relevant to this challenge, and modern genomic biology will be essential to complement traditional physiological and agronomical studies.’
- ‘However, its high susceptibility to sugar cane mosaic virus precludes its agronomical use.’
- ‘Practices like agronomical management and integrated pest management were also emphasised.’
- ‘The agronomical importance of cereal seeds is based on their accumulation of storage products, mainly starch and proteins.’
- ‘Strawberry is an important crop of agronomical interest worldwide.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.