Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘This should not be a factor, however, if manure is applied at agronomic rates to meet crop nutrient needs.’
- ‘Educating a farmer on the agronomic value of crop rotation and helping them find additional markets for more crops will usually ensure that they rotate wisely.’
- ‘Part I covers agronomic crops including grain crops, nut, bean, and oil crops, cotton, and sugar beet.’
- ‘Models for horticultural crops, like cantaloupe, are not as common as those for agronomic crops, such as cotton and soybeans.’
- ‘Once registered, it will offer growers agronomic and safety features not found in current herbicides.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.