Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Commercial applicators hired to spread manure must be certified and consultants retained to prepare manure management plans must be professional agrologists or Certified Crop Advisors registered in Manitoba.’
- ‘Kelly Bell, Barry Ross and Paul Thoroughgood are winter wheat agrologists.’
- ‘Van Walleghem is a professional agrologist from the Sanford area.’
- ‘Elite Swine has a dedicated environmental team consisting of engineers, an agrologist, nutrient coordinators and a geographic information systems coordinator.’
- ‘Phase One of the project began in 1990 as members met with planners, agrologists, educators, lawyers, health professionals and other public and private sector representatives at visioning workshops.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.