One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Agriculture incorporating the cultivation of trees.
- ‘Where do you put your trees and your agroforestry so that you still retain the flow regimes in the rivers that you need?’
- ‘Despite this scientific evidence, we continue to see governments around the world remove people from forests or prohibit them from pursuing their traditional tree-based agroforestry livelihoods.’
- ‘If organic gardening, solar power, agroforestry, and other disciplines can be thought of as tools, then permaculture is a toolbox in which they can be organized for best use.’
- ‘The one major resource that the area did have to offer was beauty and so the well-treed island was turned into an income-generating campground, which would support an agroforestry project to examine higher yielding farming techniques.’
- ‘Such efforts were to be pursued through the application of agroforestry, tree farming, and soil conservation technologies.’
- ‘He said agroforestry could contribute towards alleviating the impact of HIV / AIDS and thereby increasing the well-being of farming households particularly in Southern Africa where droughts were prevalent.’
- ‘German agroforester Harald Wedig has spent years developing an agroforestry system suitable for Europe's temperate climate by designing the layout of trees in a circular dome shape that mimics the edge of a natural forest.’
- ‘Here, tree root length densities in four separate layers down a profile are modelled in relation to their competitive impact on neighbouring crop roots in four spatial zones of an inter-row agroforestry system.’
- ‘Along with William, they oversee the agroforestry project, an orphancare program, a micro-loan program, a sewing cooperative, and other community projects which are funded with revenue from the camp.’
- ‘In all its projects, livestock grants are integrated into sustainable-agriculture programs, including controlled grazing, organic fertilization, terracing, agroforestry and reforestation.’
- ‘Charlie had the imagination and vision to see the potential of agroforestry.’
- ‘The second entails adding a new productive element to a farm system, such as fish or shrimps in paddy rice, or agroforestry (where trees are grown with crops as an important crop themselves), which boosts food production and/or income.’
- ‘Trees are reappearing and agroforestry is on the march.’
- ‘‘We see in this case that agroforestry has helped women because their labor is so crucial,’ she said.’
- ‘Data from organic farming, appropriate technology, agroforestry, soil science, aquaculture, and a dozen other disciplines all support the techniques organized by permaculture.’
- ‘For more information, interested readers may request a copy of the new publication series on agroforestry practices.’
- ‘Production of one class of product, woody decorative florals, is being tested in several agroforestry configurations.’
- ‘The average investment of each agroforestry project was registered at about US $9 million, or US $8.5 million less than the overall average.’
- ‘One priority of the center is to develop efficient agricultural systems for agroforestry - the simultaneous production of animal forage, crops, and lumber on the same land.’
- ‘Whereas scientific research on agroforestry dates back at most two generations, this indigenous system is centuries, if not millennia, old.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.