One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ecosystem on agricultural land.
- ‘Pest adaptations to a particular agroecosystem provide a unique opportunity to observe both the process and the genetic architecture of selection response under conditions of natural selection.’
- ‘Core agroecosystem courses are team taught by faculty from more than one discipline to integrate material into a systems perspective.’
- ‘Vandermeer's alternative suggestion is to advocate implementation of practices that reverse these structures and treating agroecosystems as the ecological systems that they are.’
- ‘Consequently the science of ecology ought to be the science behind the engineering of ecosystems to become agroecosystems.’
- ‘Pea, one of the most important legume crops in Europe, is an ideal candidate for restoring and maintaining soil fertility in polluted agroecosystems.’
- ‘Between 1930 and 1960, changes in agroecosystems, international markets, and Central American political conditions provoked a transformation of banana production processes.’
- ‘Most studies of the impact of bird predation on arthropods in agroecosystems have focused on particular pest species.’
- ‘Reinterpreting the export banana's past is important for plotting its future role in tropical agroecosystems.’
- ‘Students and faculty visited all host farms to learn about the diversity of agroecosystems in Pennsylvania.’
- ‘Overall, the content is marvelously interdisciplinary, reflecting the fact, however, that more research has been done in plant based agroecosystems than in animal systems.’
- ‘Although plant interference is a complex process involving both removal and addition of substances to the common environment, it influences the productivity of all agroecosystems.’
- ‘Such research also would be most relevant if carried out in habitats less removed from the system's evolutionary context than the California citrus agroecosystem.’
- ‘It is one of the many promising new areas of research in organic agroecosystems.’
- ‘Furthermore, the historic emphasis on specialized crop herbivores in simplified agroecosystems tends to overshadow the host use patterns of generalist herbivores in more complex settings.’
- ‘His research interests include impacts of animal manures and biosolids on soil nutrient cycling, especially nitrogen and phosphorus, and dynamics of soil microbial communities in agroecosystems and their relationships to soil quality.’
- ‘An intensive week-long experiential travel course for students to learn about agroecosystems through study of alternative farming systems has been conducted for six years in the Midwest.’
- ‘Seeds of nine weed species common to California agroecosystems were collected between August 1994 and May 1996 at the University of California Research Station at the Riverside campus.’
- ‘For example, the impacts of climate change on plant physiology and agroecosystem functioning may interact with soil degradation to decrease the yields of crops needed to feed a growing human population.’
- ‘Neotropical forests are rapidly being converted to agricultural land covers, increasing our need for information about the species that are able to use those agroecosystems.’
- ‘The succeeding three chapters deal with the acquisition and metabolism of nitrogen by plants in the context of natural habitats, and of agroecosystems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.