Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Tourism in which tourists stay with local people in rural areas abroad.
- ‘Apart from the obstacles that many of the tourist villages are facing in developing agritourism, Sleman is still worth visiting due to the existence of the tourist villages.’
- ‘The Small Farm Center website features a wealth of agritourism resources, including a searchable database of Californian agritourism destinations and a series of fact sheets for those interested in getting started in agritourism.’
- ‘Speaking to US farmers, their plans for the future are to expand production, diversify into added value products such as on-farm cheese production and agritourism and work hard at improving cost efficiencies to stay profitable.’
- ‘They could also be used as a leisure and tourism resource, for example for the purposes of agritourism.’
- ‘As far as tourism is concerned all we've got to do is look at Iceland and the huge revenue made in agritourism by fishing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.