Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The application of science to agriculture.
- ‘The intention of this project, which was funded through a grant, was to develop new curricula for effective integration of critical thinking instruction into a specific discipline such as agriscience.’
- ‘IBM has formed a life sciences business unit to deliver leading-edge IT solutions for bio-technology, genomic, e-health, pharmaceutical, agriscience, and other life sciences industries.’
- ‘The Trento centre has the potential to bolster new economic growth in the Trentino region and beyond, as well as underpin traditional industries such as agriculture and agriscience.’
- ‘This text is aimed at high school agriscience programs, and as such, the level is below that of a university basic horticulture course.’
- ‘Dr. Dyer's primary teaching responsibilities include courses in team and organizational leadership, research methods, and the preparation of agriculture teachers for middle and high school agriscience programs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.