Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The discharge of salt besides decreasing the agriculturally useable area is destroying pastures and creating a consequent shortage of forage for domestic animals.’
- ‘We now need leadership across a range of policy areas so that the next crisis, whether agriculturally based or not is dealt with confidently and capably by a Government in charge of its brief.’
- ‘The monument has been a bit of nuisance agriculturally speaking because it has limited what we can do with the field.’
- ‘Meerut District is one of the most agriculturally advanced and fertile districts in western Uttar Pradesh.’
- ‘It is estimated that a million cubic meters of water is capable of creating 200 jobs in direct and indirect agriculturally generated occupations.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.