One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See agreeableas submodifier ‘an agreeably warm day’
- ‘It was bright and sunny and for winter, and agreeably warm.’
- ‘But for the absence of an admission charge, an agreeably small annual fee being the substitute as my host happily told me, this seemed to be such a place.’
- ‘The beaches are a little less crowded, the weather remains stable and the water is still agreeably warm.’
- ‘Parents and children, youths and older men spend their free time in these places agreeably and merrily.’
- ‘On weekends my daughter and I used to go to parks and places of relaxation where we can see lots of people - parents and children, youths and older folk - passing the time agreeably and merrily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.