One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tendency to form sentences without the correct inflectional structure as a result of brain damage, as in Broca's aphasia.
- ‘In the end, all participants will have an idea about the state of the affairs of research on agrammatism.’
- ‘Topics will include: defining the phenomenon, competing explanatory theories, the question of comprehension problems, cross-language expression of agrammatism, and the like.’
- ‘Biassou et al. found support for the notion that patients with agrammatism have particular problems in processing function words.’
- ‘The comprehension of pronouns in Dutch and Spanish agrammatism.’
- ‘Another study of spontaneous recovery of inflection in agrammatism will show that agreement recovers before tense does, and only at a later stage do subordination and Wh questions appear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.