One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tendency to form sentences without the correct inflectional structure as a result of brain damage, as in Broca's aphasia.
- ‘Biassou et al. found support for the notion that patients with agrammatism have particular problems in processing function words.’
- ‘Another study of spontaneous recovery of inflection in agrammatism will show that agreement recovers before tense does, and only at a later stage do subordination and Wh questions appear.’
- ‘Topics will include: defining the phenomenon, competing explanatory theories, the question of comprehension problems, cross-language expression of agrammatism, and the like.’
- ‘The comprehension of pronouns in Dutch and Spanish agrammatism.’
- ‘In the end, all participants will have an idea about the state of the affairs of research on agrammatism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.