One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tendency to form sentences without the correct inflectional structure as a result of brain damage, as in Broca's aphasia.
- ‘Another study of spontaneous recovery of inflection in agrammatism will show that agreement recovers before tense does, and only at a later stage do subordination and Wh questions appear.’
- ‘The comprehension of pronouns in Dutch and Spanish agrammatism.’
- ‘In the end, all participants will have an idea about the state of the affairs of research on agrammatism.’
- ‘Topics will include: defining the phenomenon, competing explanatory theories, the question of comprehension problems, cross-language expression of agrammatism, and the like.’
- ‘Biassou et al. found support for the notion that patients with agrammatism have particular problems in processing function words.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.