One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See agonizingas submodifier ‘agonizingly slow steps’
- ‘After an eternity of standing still, I gradually forced myself to turn away and take agonizingly slow steps back up to my room.’
- ‘It doesn't help that the most recent guy was already a slow typist, and just agonizingly slow with the left handed hunt-and peck.’
- ‘It is quite possible that the first half of the film could feel agonizingly slow, only occasionally lit up by cheering details.’
- ‘The process has been painfully and agonizingly slow to the World Championship Title.’
- ‘I'd heard that it was agonisingly painful, but I just found it uncomfortable and embarrassing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.