One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yet, while he crafts himself as a colonial administrator, he simultaneously comes to be critical of the discourses and practices that surround him, becoming agonistically positioned by urges towards a welfarist (though not necessarily humanitarian) system of government which the financially strained central government will not allow.’
- ‘To accomplish this I looked for adjustments to the singing performances of each male and determined if these adjustments related to the probability that the contestants would behave agonistically towards one another.’
- ‘Models of interference competition, therefore, do not provide a satisfying answer to the question why foragers interact agonistically in such systems.’
- ‘Also, they will foot grasp, lip-smack, nuzzle, gently grasp one another and sit pressed together in addition to agonistically responding to strangers.’
- ‘Clothing ideals were part of the larger social world in which social identity was agonistically nurtured and won or lost.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.