One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small bell made of two joined metal cones, used as a percussion instrument in African and Latin music.
- ‘On Caribbean Odyssey he plays bongos, congas, timbales, cowbells, Hawaiian nose flutes, chimes and even the agogo bells.’
- ‘I play agogo and trumpet in a samba group.’
- ‘Just behind, the ding-ding-ding sound comes from the clustered bells of the agogo.’
- ‘The music workshop gave pupils at Broadway First School and St Mary's RC primary school the chance to get a flavour of Brazil as well as hands on experience playing an array of traditional instruments such as surdo drums and agogo bells.’
- ‘Each member of the quartet is credited with playing the agogo bells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.