One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small bell made of two joined metal cones, used as a percussion instrument in African and Latin music.
- ‘On Caribbean Odyssey he plays bongos, congas, timbales, cowbells, Hawaiian nose flutes, chimes and even the agogo bells.’
- ‘Each member of the quartet is credited with playing the agogo bells.’
- ‘Just behind, the ding-ding-ding sound comes from the clustered bells of the agogo.’
- ‘I play agogo and trumpet in a samba group.’
- ‘The music workshop gave pupils at Broadway First School and St Mary's RC primary school the chance to get a flavour of Brazil as well as hands on experience playing an array of traditional instruments such as surdo drums and agogo bells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.