Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘As I mentioned in my last offering, I do not view agnosticism as a halfway house between Atheism and theism.’
- ‘She has explored various religions and ways of thought throughout her life, from Christianity to agnosticism and Taoism to animism and shamanism to Gnosticism, Hinduism and Buddhism.’
- ‘This would imply not only teaching the main religions, but also placing more emphasis on other thought systems that are not religious - like atheism and agnosticism.’
- ‘The chapter ends with relatively short accounts of Christianity and Islam, and a concluding section on agnosticism, atheism and secularism.’
- ‘In this article, you will learn about Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and the belief systems agnosticism and atheism.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.