One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Inheritance is based partly on agnation, and agnatic kin are theoretically all potential heirs to each other's livestock and other wealth.’
- ‘In Capari I found that men generally exaggerated both their independence from women in decision-making and the significance of their agnatic kin over their affines and/or matrilateral kin.’
- ‘Companies are best characterized as being of diverse composition; some consist only of kin, others of members of a variety of agnatic groups and include nonkin.’
- ‘Descent has an agnatic bias, as shown in property inheritance.’
- ‘Moreover, they are seen as typical of most other Macedonian and south Slav societies whose agnatic kinship structures have been the focus of many anthropological studies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.