One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveZoology
- ‘Although a small number of bony fishes have brains of the same relative size as those in agnathans, most bony fishes have considerably larger brains for the same body size.’
- ‘One landmark event in vertebrate evolution was the evolution of jaws from agnathan ancestors, which was followed by the first appearance of the stomach.’
- ‘Modern vertebrates are classified into two major groups, the gnathostomes (jawed vertebrates) and the agnathans (jawless vertebrates).’
- ‘Sufficient articulated material exists to show that these animals were agnathans (jawless vertebrates), with a bony exoskeleton, and they appear to have inhabited shallow-marine environments.’
- ‘Above all, the appearance of diverse chordates and agnathans greatly expands our knowledge of the Cambrian explosion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.