One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gibbon with colour varying from light buff to black, found in SE Asia.
Hylobates agilis, family Hylobatidae
- ‘Once, I spent nine days tracking agile gibbons with a Japanese Ph.D research student in Kedah's Ulu Muda Forest and we never even got that close to the gibbons.’
- ‘The long temporal tufts visible in the female are common in agile gibbons, but not in lar gibbons.’
- ‘The average body mass for an adult male agile gibbon is around 5.8 kilograms, and for the female it is around 5.4 kilograms.’
- ‘The great call of the female agile gibbon is somewhat similar to that of the female lar gibbon.’
- ‘Nine of the 13 primate species of Borneo are found in the park, such as the distinctive proboscis monkey, the agile gibbon, the silvery leaf-eating monkey and the orangutan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.