Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A gibbon with colour varying from light buff to black, found in SE Asia.
- ‘The great call of the female agile gibbon is somewhat similar to that of the female lar gibbon.’
- ‘Once, I spent nine days tracking agile gibbons with a Japanese Ph.D research student in Kedah's Ulu Muda Forest and we never even got that close to the gibbons.’
- ‘Nine of the 13 primate species of Borneo are found in the park, such as the distinctive proboscis monkey, the agile gibbon, the silvery leaf-eating monkey and the orangutan.’
- ‘The average body mass for an adult male agile gibbon is around 5.8 kilograms, and for the female it is around 5.4 kilograms.’
- ‘The long temporal tufts visible in the female are common in agile gibbons, but not in lar gibbons.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.