One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gibbon with colour varying from light buff to black, found in SE Asia.
Hylobates agilis, family Hylobatidae
- ‘The average body mass for an adult male agile gibbon is around 5.8 kilograms, and for the female it is around 5.4 kilograms.’
- ‘Nine of the 13 primate species of Borneo are found in the park, such as the distinctive proboscis monkey, the agile gibbon, the silvery leaf-eating monkey and the orangutan.’
- ‘The great call of the female agile gibbon is somewhat similar to that of the female lar gibbon.’
- ‘Once, I spent nine days tracking agile gibbons with a Japanese Ph.D research student in Kedah's Ulu Muda Forest and we never even got that close to the gibbons.’
- ‘The long temporal tufts visible in the female are common in agile gibbons, but not in lar gibbons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.