One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘English has a tendency towards isolation (as in I will now go out for a walk), but both agglutination (as in clever-ly and high-er) and fusion (as in gave, in which give and past are fused) are also found.’
- ‘The combination of B antibodies and B antigens will cause agglutination.’
- ‘Latex agglutination, while quick, simple, and sensitive, is not recommended for routine use as pathogens cannot be ruled out by a negative test result.’
- ‘Rapid assays are generally configured as flow-through, lateral flow, or agglutination assays.’
- ‘That is, part of what's monstrous about monsters is somehow this very agglutination of significance, these uncontrolled outgrowths of meaning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.