One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The representative of an Australian state or Canadian province in London or another major foreign city.
delegate, commissioner, ambassador, attaché, envoy, emissary, chargé, chargé d'affaires, commissary, deputy, aideView synonyms
- ‘At the outbreak of war, the agent-general in London for Queensland, Sir Thomas Robinson, became Director of Meat Supply for Allied Armies and remained in that position throughout the war.’
- ‘Of course you can send your agent-general to London.’
- ‘Each still retains an agent-general in London.’
- ‘Jim Maher, former press secretary to just exited NSW Treasurer Michael Egan, will not be going to Kabul as agent-general as suggested by the Sun Herald last week.’
- ‘In 1896 Will became agent-general for New Zealand in the United Kingdom, and the family moved to live in London.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.