One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A range of ages.‘pupils in the 5–16 age range’
- ‘Changes in demographic profiles of women may also affect the number of abortions within a particular age range.’
- ‘The age range was much wider, although the old seemed somewhat under-represented - but I suppose they are in the Lords.’
- ‘With a couple of exceptions either side, the age range is 25 to 50.’
- ‘The age range of users is wide; the collection of books and scores is rich and varied.’
- ‘But the booming numbers are also at the upper end of the age range.’
- ‘Only a dozen are men, but the age range goes from a girl of eight to a woman of 90.’
- ‘They had better songs but more importantly they covered a broader age range, exhibiting a shrewdness lost on later generations of Svengalis.’
- ‘External examinations would be drastically reduced for all students, with a much wider range of assessment to be used across the age range.’
- ‘On the subject of age discrimination, the company I worked for had a change of managing director who decided that there were too many in the upper age range.’
- ‘The age range of the crowd is diverse, ranging from the myspace Generation to the Greatest Generation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.