One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A range of ages.‘pupils in the 5–16 age range’
- ‘They had better songs but more importantly they covered a broader age range, exhibiting a shrewdness lost on later generations of Svengalis.’
- ‘Changes in demographic profiles of women may also affect the number of abortions within a particular age range.’
- ‘But the booming numbers are also at the upper end of the age range.’
- ‘The age range was much wider, although the old seemed somewhat under-represented - but I suppose they are in the Lords.’
- ‘External examinations would be drastically reduced for all students, with a much wider range of assessment to be used across the age range.’
- ‘With a couple of exceptions either side, the age range is 25 to 50.’
- ‘On the subject of age discrimination, the company I worked for had a change of managing director who decided that there were too many in the upper age range.’
- ‘The age range of users is wide; the collection of books and scores is rich and varied.’
- ‘The age range of the crowd is diverse, ranging from the myspace Generation to the Greatest Generation.’
- ‘Only a dozen are men, but the age range goes from a girl of eight to a woman of 90.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.