Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A substance which is the main constituent of agar and is used especially in gels for electrophoresis. It is a polysaccharide mainly containing galactose residues.
- ‘The vesicles filled with agarose gel and sucrose solution were diluted into an isoosmolar glucose solution.’
- ‘The material of choice is agarose, a carbohydrate polymer purified from a salt water algae.’
- ‘Its purity and integrity was assessed using agarose gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘The intactness of RNA was monitored by agarose gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘Immobilization of large dextran molecules in agarose was achieved by electron beam irradiation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.