One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which is the main constituent of agar and is used especially in gels for electrophoresis. It is a polysaccharide mainly containing galactose residues.
- ‘The material of choice is agarose, a carbohydrate polymer purified from a salt water algae.’
- ‘Its purity and integrity was assessed using agarose gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘The intactness of RNA was monitored by agarose gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘Immobilization of large dextran molecules in agarose was achieved by electron beam irradiation.’
- ‘The vesicles filled with agarose gel and sucrose solution were diluted into an isoosmolar glucose solution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.