One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lack of gamma globulin in the blood plasma, causing immune deficiency.
- ‘This case is an example of agammaglobulinemia (the students were not given the diagnosis).’
- ‘One would anticipate seeing more of this type of disease in lymphoma leading to agammaglobulinemia, either with or without bronchiectisis.’
- ‘For the past 20 years, intravenously administered immune globulin has been used in the treatment of agammaglobulinemia.’
- ‘The gamma-globulin zone is decreased in hypo-gammaglobulinemia and agammaglobulinemia.’
- ‘Pleural cryptococcosis has been reported to be associated with HIV infection, liver cirrhosis, and Bruton's agammaglobulinemia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.