Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Lack of gamma globulin in the blood plasma, causing immune deficiency.
- ‘This case is an example of agammaglobulinemia (the students were not given the diagnosis).’
- ‘The gamma-globulin zone is decreased in hypo-gammaglobulinemia and agammaglobulinemia.’
- ‘One would anticipate seeing more of this type of disease in lymphoma leading to agammaglobulinemia, either with or without bronchiectisis.’
- ‘Pleural cryptococcosis has been reported to be associated with HIV infection, liver cirrhosis, and Bruton's agammaglobulinemia.’
- ‘For the past 20 years, intravenously administered immune globulin has been used in the treatment of agammaglobulinemia.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.