One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
repeatedly, over and over, over and over again, time and again, time and time again, many times, many a time, on several occasions, often, frequently, recurrently, habitually, continually, persistently, constantlyView synonyms
- ‘There were also tales of people commissioning numerous surveys only to be outbid again and again.’
- ‘That is why technicians warn the public again and again not to open dubious emails.’
- ‘An accountant is worried that he will miscount money, so he counts it again and again.’
- ‘Few were deceived, but it does not prevent the same trick being used again and again.’
- ‘I used to tell her again and again not to open the door to people at night.’
- ‘Those who have listened to him once are found to be yearning to watch him perform again and again.’
- ‘Sally, the makeup artist, is called again and again to retouch the masterpiece.’
- ‘The next few seconds are as frightening as the first, and this pattern is repeated again and again.’
- ‘Despite endless trips around the island by boat trying to sneak up on the beasts, they ran off again and again.’
- ‘The process repeated itself again and again, driving the siblings to the brink of insanity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.