One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A world entered after death.
life after death, immortality, everlasting lifeView synonyms
- ‘In addition, most of the citizens, even though they may not call themselves Buddhists, maintain a Buddhist view of life and the afterworld.’
- ‘It is possible, he said, that the cat was killed to accompany the human in the afterworld.’
- ‘After death, the soul joins the ancestors in the afterworld to be revered and fed by descendants within the family.’
- ‘They also exclude the belief in immortality of the soul and the punishment and rewards of the afterworld.’
- ‘They did not believe it signified an end, rather the beginning of a journey through the afterworld toward immortality.’
- ‘I remembered that some tribes even believed the tattoos on your body stay with you after death, helping you feel less alone in the afterworld.’
- ‘You must stay to see the boy to the afterworld, he does not deserve to die all alone.’
- ‘Through special prayers and offerings, the living can improve the afterworld conditions of the deceased and their chances in the afterlife.’
- ‘This is the doorway to the afterworld… heaven, hell, paradise, nightmares, Elysian, Tartarus… whatever name you want to grace it with, but it is not as people view it.’
- ‘Again, a ghostly figure rose from the body, and nodded its thanks before leaving to the afterworld.’
- ‘Provide the dead with grave goods - weapons, ornaments, utensils and the like that are buried with the dead for their use in the afterworld.’
- ‘If there was imbalance, if the heart of the deceased weighed more than the feather, he or she was denied admittance to the afterworld.’
- ‘For Chinese people believing in life after death these sacred animals are seen as protectors in the afterworld.’
- ‘The ceremony ‘opening of the mouth’ was carried out by priests on both the mummy and the mummy case in order to prepare the deceased for the journey to the afterworld.’
- ‘Whatever the eventual afterworld destination of the people involved, one imagines that they are keenly alive to their own survival.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.