Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A facility on an electronic music keyboard by which an effect is produced by depressing a key after striking it.
- ‘Likewise, expression and sustain pedals are here, along with a ribbon controller, polyphonic aftertouch, multitimbral capabilities and, in the ‘modulation matrix, ‘a choice of 12 sources and 38 destinations.’’
- ‘All of the aftertouch now is the ‘standard’ aftertouch or channel aftertouch.’
- ‘Only way to get the aftertouch fully working is by following the procedure below.’
- ‘For another perspective on key pressure aftertouch, refer to experiments on the ERC.’
- ‘I have aftertouch on the G2 key but don't use it that much.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.