Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The market for spare parts, accessories, and components for motor vehicles:[as modifier] ‘aftermarket security gadgets’
- ‘The profile for the niche vehicle supplier of components, assemblies and systems is quite different from the aftermarket supplier.’
- ‘Every aftermarket motorcycle parts manufacturer is battling with their competitors.’
- ‘One company really took it to the next level by introducing spinning rims to the aftermarket world.’
- ‘Clearly the construction industry is an important market for the automobile industry and automotive aftermarket companies.’
- ‘Total supply chain cost for the unit is said to be equivalent to the price of a quality aftermarket booster seat.’
- ‘To save trips to aftermarket accessories stores, there are four packages that can be added to either model.’
- ‘It appears that the first thing to blame is the aftermarket accessory.’
- ‘Lane had to think long and hard to come up with a unique aftermarket accessory for the 1911 shooter.’
- ‘They were able to build upon the aftermarket success in short order.’
- ‘After my rifle came the company found an aftermarket accessory that adapts the magazine release too.’
- ‘The company began to build recognition on an international level, ultimately gaining leadership in Europe's brake disc aftermarket.’
- ‘It was fully loaded with sunroof, fog lights, spoiler and an aftermarket component audio system.’
- ‘Due to the design of this van and engine, and its aftermarket rear heater, I had to remove the engine cover to replace the coil.’
- ‘Ask if he is using an aftermarket device such as a laptop near the front passenger seat back.’
- ‘But the space between the rails will always remain the same so aftermarket companies can design accessories for the system.’
- ‘Replacement, aftermarket auto parts and car accessories for older models can now be purchased online as well.’
- ‘New aftermarket parts have improved over the last five years, according to 44 percent of repair shops.’
- ‘Some say the simple solution for an aftermarket company facing an increase in raw material prices would be to raise their pricing to cover the increase.’
- ‘While the rest of the auto industry has aggressively moved to pull systems, the aftermarket business is still in make-to-stock mode.’
- ‘For that you need to seek help from one of the many aftermarket tuners catering to the market.’
- 1.1Stock Market The market for shares and bonds after their original issue.
- ‘Even some of the biggest losers in the aftermarket say they're relieved they got their deals done.’
- ‘We first cumulated these returns to obtain the cumulative sum unadjusted and market-adjusted returns for the selected aftermarket time horizons.’
- ‘First, we found that the average aftermarket volatility of matched seasoned stocks has also increased over time.’
- ‘How do I control the aftermarket for my product?’
- ‘The magnitude of underpricing increased during the first month of aftermarket trading before being eliminated.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.