One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To a certain extent but not perfectly.‘he could read after a fashion’
to a certain extent, in a way, in a rough way, somehow or other, somehow, in an approximate manner, in a manner of speaking, in its wayView synonyms
- ‘Strangers think they know you - and they do, after a fashion.’
- ‘Having picked up new skills, after a fashion, I'm keen to employ them on a proper mountain tour.’
- ‘It is sly, clever after a fashion, and undeniably effective.’
- ‘It's a question he's pondered too, after a fashion.’
- ‘Some of these people I call friends and indeed we still are friends after a fashion.’
- ‘Quite a few people come looking for cartoon ducks, and they find them, after a fashion.’
- ‘And I've constructed my photograph album, after a fashion.’
- ‘A few each year go off to college, after a fashion.’
- ‘They toyed with them after a fashion, and then got back on the bus.’
- ‘He had become a traitor to his class - after a fashion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.