Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Taking place after normal school hours.‘after-school childcare facilities’
- ‘Actually, the event was scheduled for during school but then moved to after-school hours.’
- ‘The school ran a breakfast club as well as an after-school club, to help parents with child care so they could get back to work.’
- ‘We will introduce childcare centres and extend pre-school and after-school care to all schools.’
- ‘He plans to devote after-school hours to the job and use his bedroom as his office.’
- ‘In some ways, after-school childcare is harder to come by than it is during holidays.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.