Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Taking place after normal school hours.‘after-school childcare facilities’
- ‘In some ways, after-school childcare is harder to come by than it is during holidays.’
- ‘He plans to devote after-school hours to the job and use his bedroom as his office.’
- ‘The school ran a breakfast club as well as an after-school club, to help parents with child care so they could get back to work.’
- ‘We will introduce childcare centres and extend pre-school and after-school care to all schools.’
- ‘Actually, the event was scheduled for during school but then moved to after-school hours.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.