One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Ethiopian (sense 2 of the adjective)
- ‘It occupies a wide-range of ecological niches throughout the Afrotropical region, is highly anthropophilic, and is susceptible to the human malaria parasites.’
- ‘Palearctic migrants were assumed to forage higher and in more peripheral parts of the vegetation and, in general, in more open vegetation with a higher foraging speed than do their Afrotropical counterparts in their respective guilds.’
- ‘Drosophila melanogaster is an Afrotropical species whose cosmopolitan spread is believed to be a recent event, with parts of the New World and Australia being colonized in only the past couple of hundred years.’
- ‘Diversity was greatest in the Afrotropical region.’
- ‘Drosophila yakuba has a widespread distribution in the Afrotropical region.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.