Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for Ethiopian
- ‘Drosophila yakuba has a widespread distribution in the Afrotropical region.’
- ‘It occupies a wide-range of ecological niches throughout the Afrotropical region, is highly anthropophilic, and is susceptible to the human malaria parasites.’
- ‘Palearctic migrants were assumed to forage higher and in more peripheral parts of the vegetation and, in general, in more open vegetation with a higher foraging speed than do their Afrotropical counterparts in their respective guilds.’
- ‘Drosophila melanogaster is an Afrotropical species whose cosmopolitan spread is believed to be a recent event, with parts of the New World and Australia being colonized in only the past couple of hundred years.’
- ‘Diversity was greatest in the Afrotropical region.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.